Bilaga 2 till Reserapport från ett besök i Finland den 7-8 november 2019
Questions relevant for the Project ”A Swedish National Security Strategy”
- Who needs a national security strategy and for which purposes?
- How is a strategy supposed to be used?
- How is a similar document used in other countries? (Finland, UK, NL, France etc.)
- How shall a strategy be updated and revised?
- Who should take ownership of such a national strategy?
- Who shall be responsible for its implementation?
- In which way does a strategy affect the work of rebuilding the Swedish total defence?
Some questions to discuss with our Finnish colleagues
- Which were the driving forces behind the Finnish strategy (Säkerhetsstrategi för samhället)?
- How do you ”define” strategy in this context?
- How was the threat spectrum discussed att treated?
- How was the work organised and which actors participated?
- What is your opinion about the process (the pros and cons)?
- How is the strategy supposed to be implemented and used?
- Which is the role of the Security committee concering the strategy?
- Who is responsible for keeping the strategy alive and current?
- Are there any changes or improvements you would like to see concering the current Finnish strategy?
- Are there any changes or improvements you would like to see concering the process behind it and for implementing it?
- How would you describe the link to the EU security strategy?
Some questions from a Nordic perspective
- Would a join Nordic – or Finnish & Swedish strategy be desirable and possible?
- What elements of the national strategies could be included, or not included, in such a common strategy?
- Where could an initiative be launched for drafting such a shared security strategy?