Focus this week: How allied Sweden and Finland can secure Northern Europe
- For overview: The recent Atlantic Council issue brief ”How allied Sweden & Finland can secure Northern Europe” coauthored by Academy Member Anna Wieslander. Listen to our podcast here.
- Previous week: Listen to a short comment on the Sälen Conference and Kiruna from a Swedish EU Presidency perspective here.
- Our podcast published recently focussing on escalatory risks related to the Ukraine War has already attracted hundreds of viewers/listeners.
- So has our interview with Dov Zakheim on support to Ukraine and the accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO.
On the way ahead: We will now give priority to issues to be discussed during zoom conferences throughout 2023, starting early February with the annual Sälen conference.
- See further our: English language page updated with links to material produced by KKRVA members, corresponding members, and others.
The second event will relate to possible project ideas for further Academy work after the just concluded SES project.
A third event will focus on deterrence as a central aspect of lessons learned from the Ukraine war.
Other tags will link to flow security, values, and interests, defense capacity – military and civil, structural and organizational issues, nuclear etc.
Different mindmaps and other illustrations will make it possible to see links between various contributions and clusters, including efforts underway in different Academy sections. Avoiding stovepipes in future Academy work will be an essential objective. The idea is to feed into discussions on future strategies on all levels, from the NATO Strategic concept to Swedish national and sectoral strategies.
Further links here
So: Continue to read on English language page on Sweden and NATO/EU »